Dear readers, we’ve spoken to Noreen Joyce Guerra before here — and the interview was a hit.
Guerra is a Filipino actress who pursued an MBA at Seoul’s Sookmyung Women’s University, with a pretty enviable side hustle: acting in Korean dramas. She’s appeared in “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes” and most recently, “True Beauty.”
On Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. (GMT+9), we’ll be catching up with her in an Instagram Live session to find out more about her K-drama gigs, how she won a scholarship to pursue an MBA, her favourite spots in Seoul and what she’s up to now.
5 interesting facts about this inspiring Filipino actress
- Guerra’s scholarship at Sookmyung Women’s University covered only 75% of her tuition fees. Still, she was not discouraged and was determined to pay for the rest of it — this ultimately led to her living the dream of many K-drama stans, i.e. starring in multiple TV shows and commercials.
- Her name translates to 노린 조이스 게라.
- Growing up in the Philippines, she was bullied and called “petite” and “dark-skinned.”
- She wore a Korean high school uniform for the first time in the K-drama “The Blessing of the Sea” where she worked alongside K-star Jae Hee.
- She appeared in the series “The Encounter” which stars Song Hye-kyo (one of her idols) and Park Bo-gum. Another great experience for Guerra was when she worked with actress Kim Tae-hee in “Hi Bye, Mama!”.
Send your questions!
The Instagram Live session with this Filipino actress starts at 7 p.m. (GMT+9). We’ll kick off with some fun facts about studying and living in South Korea — someone please take us to Seoul already! — and then follow with any questions you and our audience will have.
Email us at amanda.chin@studyinternational or alternatively direct message any of our social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook). In the meantime, follow Guerra’s YouTube channel for insight on what goes on behind the scenes and what she gets up to in South Korea here.