Have you always wanted to pursue your undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Australia? Here’s your chance to bag a merit scholarship to study abroad in the Land Down Under — applications for the Monash International Merit Scholarship are open. Monash is part of the prestigious Group of Eight or Australia’s leading research-intensive universities. Here’s what you need to know about this merit scholarship:
What does the merit scholarship entail?
A total of 31 scholarships are available.
- 10,000 Australian dollars per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree is completed
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership programme for first-year students
What are the selection criteria?
- Academic achievement
- Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- Scholarship application statement (500 words)
- Potential to be an ambassador for Monash University
- Preference will be given to commencing students
Who’s eligible for this merit scholarship?
International students who have either received an offer from Monash or are currently enrolled at the university are eligible. Current students must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia. For those in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) programme or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programme, you must have completed at least three semesters
Who isn’t eligible for this merit scholarship?
- Australian Year 12 students
- Students commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.
What do I need to do to retain this scholarship?
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester
- You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities, which include attending official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events
How do I apply?
Submit an application here.
When’s the deadline?
The selection round and closing date vary. Click here for details.