Westbourne School is an independent, co-educational school for children aged 3-18. The school is situated in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales’ most southern Unitary Authority, and lies immediately west of Cardiff between the M4 and the Severn Estuary. The Vale of Glamorgan is a beautiful region of Wales; it boasts 53km of coastline, 19km of which is Heritage Coastline, making it the perfect backdrop for this outstanding school.
— Westbourne School (@WestbourneS) July 7, 2015
The staff at Westbourne School take pride in the quality of teaching and excellent levels of care they provide, and small, inclusive class sizes ensure that each child is encouraged to reach their full potential. The student population comprises of 80% students from the UK, leaving 20% from a variety of international background. Westbourne School is an advocate for diversity, and students from any country, religion or culture are warmly welcomed into the friendly Westbourne community.
Westbourne’s Boarding House opened its doors for the first time in September 2011. Located one minute’s walk from the school, the house is in a safe, residential area within two minutes of Penarth town centre. Situated near local shops, facilities and transport links, the Boarding House is ideally placed for travel to Cardiff City Centre and beyond.
The renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is taught in Years 12 and 13, alongside a mixture of GCSEs and IGCSEs in Year 9-11. The aim at Westbourne School is to develop leaders of the future, and equip them with the skills, capabilities and results they need to succeed in higher education, in the world of work and in life.
— Westbourne School (@WestbourneS) June 8, 2015